Tuesday, April 10, 2018

10th day of Poetry Month 2018

I do not follow rules imposed by others very well these days.

Forcing a square peg into a round hole


I am not green
I am not blue
I am not happy with these shoes

I cannot sing
I cannot dance
I will give up, not do this prance

I will not utter please and thank you
I will not make this poem true

You cannot make drive a car
You cannot send me to star

I will not follow your directions
But rather search for intersections

Anagrams are not my friend
My rhyme and rhythm do not blend

I’ll set sail on my own path
Not worried to incur your wrath



© 2018 Catherine Woods





No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...